1. Kaneda- Geinoh Yamashirogumi
2. Death Rides a Horse- Ennio Morricone
3. Tetsuo- Geinoh Yamashirogumi
4. Chasmaeon- Ga'an
5. Doll's Polyphony- Geinoh Yamashirogumi
6. Still I'm Sad- The Yardbirds
7. Where is Yesterday?- The United States of America
8. Shohmyoh - Geinoh Yamashirogumi
9. Voice and Bowed Percussion- Arrington de Dionyso & Ravi Padmanabha
10. Mutation- Geinoh Yamashirogumi
11. Hymn of the Cherubim- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
12. Aguirre- Popol Vuh
13. Z Point- David Grubbs
14. Requiem- Geinoh Yamashirogumi
Download Interlude #11!
Most of this interlude comes from the soundtrack to the classic anime Akira. The rest was suggested by the polyphonic and choral elements of its great soundtrack. Ennio Morricone and Popul Vuh are also soundtrack masters, of Italian and German cinema respectively. David Grubbs was a member of one of the best post-rock acts of the 90's, Gastr del Sol. The episode's title is as usual pilfered from Wallace Stevens. Perhaps you could read while you listen.